Recover Memory Card files on Mac
Memory cards are electronic data storage devices, generally used to store information in digital formats; they are often used in portable electronic device such as digital cameras, cell phones, MP3 players, iPods and so on. They are widely used due to their features like small size, ease of use, storage capacity and portability. Some of the popular types of memory card are SD, XD, CF etc. Many users use these memory card devices to capture and store huge amount of data including songs, video clips, documents, games, applications, photos etc.
However at times just like any other flash storage device, you might encounter many problems while using or accessing your memory card. This happens if the logical structure of the memory card gets damaged. Usually corruption to memory cards happens due to several reasons and user lose their valuable files after memory card corruption. But one can easily perform memory card file recovery on Mac using memory card recovery Mac software. Click here to read more about damaged memory card recovery.
You might be thinking, how deleted or lost files from memory card on Mac be recovered. The answer is simple whenever you delete a picture, music or a video file from your memory card, the file will is not get permanently deleted, instead only the pointers pointing to that particular file are removed and marked as free, whereas the file is still present on the memory card. Until that space is not overwritten by any new data, you can recover it back using memory card recovery Mac software.
Reasons Responsible for file loss from memory card on Mac are:
- Unintentional Deletion: Deleting any files off memory card from your portable device or when connected to your Mac machine is one of the main reason for file loss from memory card
- Format: Sometimes when you connect your memory card to your Macintosh, it displays error notifications like “The card is not initialized” or “Invalid portable device”. Due to which your memory card becomes inaccessible and you need to format the device before using it resulting in complete data loss
- Virus Infection: Memory cards are portable devices which are used on more than one computer, so it is likely to be affected by virus resulting in file loss
- Mishandling the Memory card: Using the same memory card on different operating system platform like on Windows and Mac or on different electronic gadget also results in file loss from memory card
- Memory card Corruption: In case, if the memory card gets corrupt then it may also leave the files from the memory card corrupt causing inaccessibility. Usually memory card corruption occurs due to factors like turning off the camera when memory card in use, interruption while transferring files from memory card to Mac etc
Apart from the above mentioned reasons there are many other causes due to which files are lost from memory card. But as mentioned before memory card data can be recovered using memory card recovery Mac software. This tool made photo recovery from memory card on Mac very easy and simple.
Memory card recovery Mac software is a very simple, yet effective recovery application through which you can retrieve all your memory card files on Mac in a very easy and efficient way. The tool is specially designed to retrieve files from corrupted, formatted and inaccessible memory card on all Mac operating system like Mac OS X Leopard, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Mac OS X Lion. Furthermore helps you in restoring data from all memory card types like SD card, CF card, XD card, memory stick, MMC card and many more. The application supports recovery of all kinds of data from memory card including deleted / lost music files, picture files, video clips, documents, RAW pictures and many more. With the help of this powerful utility, you can recover photos from formatted SD card on Mac computer.
Step by step procedure to recover memory card files Mac :
Step 1: Download and install the memory card recovery Mac software on your computer. Connect the memory card to the Mac computer and run the software. Opt for Recover Photos from the main window of the software
Figure 1: Main Screen
Step 2: Select "Recover Deleted Photos" to recover deleted file or select "Recover Lost Photos" to get back lost files. After this select the drive of the memory card. Specify the photo file types on the software wizard and scan the drive. The software scans the drive and displays the result.
Figure 2: Select Recover Deleted Photos/Recover Lost Photos
Step 3: Preview the photos recovered and save those photos on your computer.
Figure 3: Recovered Files
Few Useful Tips:
- Use write protect knob on memory card to prevent accidental deletion or format
- Never eject your memory card while file transfer process
- Avoid using your memory card after data loss situation
Safe and Secure
"...Amazing! I had tried several other recovery software but REMO was the ONLY one that found all my raw and nef images. The interface is really intuitive for photographers and the whole thing is very nicely put together..."
- Adrian Kinloch
..All of my documents and photo files were recovered in the same folders and file names as they were originally. I had over 400 GB of data restored..."
- Kathryn Boulden